Only for certified freediving instructors from other agencies
During this crossover you will receive an overview about SSI and learn the SSI Freediving system. You will go through a series of academic, pool and open water examinations to assess your ability as an instructor according to the SSI system and you will have to show your trainer your ability as an instructor by performing certain skills.
Performance requirements (same as Level 2 Instructor):
- Perform a swim of 800m using mask, snorkel and fins within 15 min
- Perform a swim of 400m (No Fins – buoyancy device or snorkel) within 10 min
- Freedive to minimum 40m depth competently/on demand for a minimum time of 1.30
- Ascend from 20m using arms only
- Ascend from 20m with no mask
- Freedive to 20m and hang for an unknown time then rescue another Freediver from simulated blackout (BO) from that depth
- Endurance examination – max 1min preparation, 5 dives to 20m with 1 min surface interval between dives
- Shallow Water Blackout (SWB) rescue from 20m and demonstrate a 50m tow
- Perform pool disciplines Dynamic (DYN) with BIFINS – minimum 100m
- Perform pool disciplines DYN w/o fins – minimum 50m
- Perform a Static breath-hold minimum of 4:00mins
- Demonstrate Blackout (BO)/Loss of Motor Control (LMC) rescue skills
- Demonstrate proper rope/buoy/lanyard rigging for an open water freediving session.